Foundation and Hospital History
The Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing long-term financial assistance to Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital. Incorporated in 1985, the Foundation is independent from other organizations. The Foundation encourages charitable giving in the form of donations, gifts of securities, bequests or endowments. To support the needs of PECMH, make a tax-deductible gift through our website, the mail, in person or leave a bequest in your will. Official receipts are issued for income tax purposes (BN 13287 6855 RR0001), and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
History of PECM Hospital
The "Prince Edward County Hospital" was incorporated on April 6, 1918. It was officially opened as a nine bed hospital with an operating room in the George Alcorn House on Hill Street in Picton on April 17, 1919. Having grown to a 58 bed hospital, it was moved to its present location and was renamed the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital. It was officially opened and dedicated on October 14, 1959. Today, the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital is a small, vibrant community hospital with 12 beds. We provide a wide variety of services including inpatient, outpatient and emergency services to individuals of all ages.
Services provided include:
• 24 hour Emergency Department – 10 beds
• Primary Care Medical Inpatients – 12 beds
• Outpatient clinics including crisis intervention, general surgery, ear, nose, throat (ENT), minor procedures clinic, respiratory clinic
• Diagnostic Imaging (x-ray, mammography and ultrasound)
• Inpatient physiotherapy
• Echocardiograms (ECG) services
• Surgical services (low risk endoscopy only)
• Renal Dialysis Clinic – satellite clinic offered by Kingston General Hospital
• Family Health Team Visiting Clinics – congestive heart function, urology, respiratory, neurology, orthopedic and chronic pain management, rheumatology, arthritis society physiotherapy, adult and geriatric psychiatry
• Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)