Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position Summary: Reporting to the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation Executive Director (ED), the Administrative Coordinator is a member of our team and is a representative of the organization and its values. The Administrative Coordinator helps to advance the mission of PECMHF by supporting various programs including annual giving, events, stewardship and volunteer relations. Working closely with the Foundation Executive Director to provide confidential administrative support and finance and is required to work both independently and as a member of our team.
• Maintaining budget under ED’s supervision
• Manage day-to-day accounting and finance requirements
• Month-end reconciliation under ED’s supervision
• Track and maintain funding commitments
• Manage disbursements and track bank account balances
• Coordinate bank deposits
• Provide support for a volunteer Board of Directors and its committees including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas, minutes and meeting materials as needed.
• Attends committee and Board meetings in capacity of recording secretary.
• Maintains all donor records in Donor Perfect database including tracking Donor Recognition and Cultivation activities
• Provide event support through tickets sales, registration, event logistics and maintaining attendance tracking through Donor Perfect (donor management software)
• First point of contact for the Foundation
• Coordination of ED’s schedule and handling any travel arrangements, as required
• Provides confidential clerical services for ED as required.
• Maintains file systems for all correspondence, internal and external. Update various policies and manuals for Foundation
• Manage office mail, incoming and outgoing
• Order and maintain adequate inventory of office supplies
• Other duties as assigned
• Responding to donor inquiries in a timely, pleasant and accurate manner
• Develops and generates reports through the collection and entry of data using Donor Perfect, MS Word and MS Excel.
• Review and maintain funding requests, and relevant purchase orders for review with ED
• Assist with the processing of direct mail or other donations, on an ‘as need’ basis
• Support Senior Development Officer with scheduling of cheque presentations and gift announcements
Qualifications and Skills
• One to three years of experience in a not-for-profit organization, preferably experience in fundraising/development.
• Experience working in finance, bookkeeping, accounts payables and/or receivables.
• Progressive administrative experience supporting senior level management
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in donor management software (Raisers Edge or Donor Perfect) Excel and MS Word
• Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated experience working with senior level volunteers and engaged Boards of Directors
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Proven ability to see projects through to timely completion
• Perform with high integrity and transparency
• Understands and pays attention to detail
• Flexible: willingness to travel and vary work hours when required.
• Experience working in, and familiarity of, Board governance
• Confidential Environment – Confidentiality required in and outside the workplace – working with sensitive business and personal matters
• Minimal risk or discomfort
• Pressure related to meeting deadlines
• Standing for extended periods at multiple events
• Travel may be required
• Some evening and weekend work may be required
• Scent-free, Non-smoking and alcohol-free environment
Health and Safety
• Adheres to the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Adheres to the provisions of Quinte Health Care (QHC) Human Resources Policy
• Adheres to the PECMHF Policies and Procedures
Reporting: Reports directly to the Executive Director
Internal: Board Members, Staff, Volunteers, Physicians, Nurses, QHC staff and other Foundations
External: General Public, donors, volunteers, patients and families, and other non-profit organizations.
• Post-secondary education in office administration, fundraising or a related field with equivalent experience.
Time Required to Attain Minimum Competence: 6 Months
Working Hours: Average Daily Hours 7.5
Average Weekly Hours 37.5
Shifts: Days with flexible hours and possible evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
The Administrative Coordinator will be based out of Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital.
This job description can be found on our website at www.pecmhf.ca/news/ or is available from the Foundation office inside the main entrance of Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter – electronically or in hard copy – to:
Shannon Coull, CFRE
Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation
403 Main Street East
Picton ON K0K 2T0
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 PM, Monday, July 22, 2019.