It’s Our Hospital
By Fran Donaldson, Vice-Chair of PECM Hospital Foundation
The Hospital Foundation’s main objective is to raise money – eventually for the new hospital we’re all hoping for, but always and every day for our existing hospital. Fortunately, this community supports this hospital, and proves it by generous donations, large and small, every day.
Here’s a PARTIAL list of people we’d like to salute and thank for their help:
- The Tim Hortons Smile Cookie campaign raised $3 500. Watch for it again next month!
- Wellington on the Lake Woodcrafters donate about $500 EVERY YEAR.
- Not all donations are in cash. Hydro One of Picton provides the Christmas lights display at the hospital: workers volunteer their time, and the company supplies the truck. Meanwhile, the Auxiliary volunteers decorate Christmas trees inside.
- The hospital has a barn quilt thanks to the combined contributions of the Marysburgh Mummers, Tom Belch and Sons Building Contractors, the Foundation staff and the PEC Barn Quilt Trail.
- At their spring open house, Walker’s Greenhouse collected $215 in donations.
- In June, Picton Rotary organized the UnCork Canada wine-tasting event, with help and sponsorships from ScotiaBank, Waring House, Omnia Direct and the Picton Elks. It made over $9 000.
- Our regular monthly donors contribute $1 700 EVERY MONTH. (It’s very easy to join.)
- In April, we received over $80 000 from the estate of Vivian Alliban.
- The Hospital Auxiliary donated $50 000 to the MRI campaign (The MRI is in Belleville, accessed by patients from the County.), and $34 000 for a colonoscope here in Picton.
- A grateful patient, Irena Barker, gave nearly $35 000 to the Picture of Health Campaign, bringing her total donations to $50 000 in recent years. Irena now lives in Belleville but remembers the care she received while living here.
- The Great Canadian Trivia Challenge, with our patriotic partners the Picton Elks and Picton Legion, raised nearly $700.
- In June, Re-Max Quinte organized the golf tournament with title sponsor Wilkinson and Company, corporate sponsors CIBC Mobile Mortgage Advisor Team, Wellings of Picton, Task Force Engineering, Market High Advertising and Parkside Landscaping, and 41 hole sponsors. It was SOLD OUT! With 100 golfers (including a few duffers) the event netted $27 500.
- Wellington Elks gave $1 000 this year. They will soon reach the Sponsor level on our Donor Wall.
- Picton Legion (branch 78) donated $3 000 from their Poppy Fund to our Memorial Hospital.
- Coming September 9: The Picton Fair Board makes up to $2 000 every year at the Bake Off. In this their 10th year, they expect to reach a total of $10 000. Don’t miss it!
Every one of your gifts helps support the outstanding care provided by our hospital. Thank you for your generosity and commitment.
For more information, or to learn how you can help, please contact Penny or Briar in the Foundation Office at (613) 476-1008 ext. 4503 or 4425 or visit www.pecmhf.ca.